Finance Minister AMA Muhith to place budget for seventh time... Budget
Finance Minister AMA Muhith will place the country’s 44th budget in the Jatiya Sangsad at 3:00pm on Thursday, the size of which is Tk 295,272 crore.
With this, the number of national budgets presented by Muhith stands at seven, which is first for any Bangladeshi finance minister.
The finance ministry in a statement said, “By presenting budget seven times in a row, Finance Minister Abul Maal Abdul Muhith is going to set a rare example.”
However, earlier during HM Ershad’s regime Muhith presented two budgets. As a result, with this Muhith will present his ninth budget which is the second highest regarding placing budget.
Former finance minister M Saifur Rahman presented highest number of 12 budgets in the history of Bangladesh.
If Muhith continues for the rest of the present tenure of the government, he will touch the earlier record.
Muhith not only set a record by placing budgets for seven times in a row, he has also presented the biggest budget in size.
Muhith first presented budget in FY1982-83 during Ershad regime and it was of Tk 4,738 crore and the first budget in the Awami League led government’s third tenure presented by Muhith in FY2009-10 was of Tk 113,815 crore.
In six years the size of the budget increased three times and Muhith is going to present next budget worth around Tk 300,000 crore.
The size of the first budget of Bangladesh was Tk 786 crore which was presented by Tajuddin Ahmed in FY1972-73.
Pressure of the traditional expenditure is putting the finance minister in a difficult situation. This includes enhanced salary of around 13 lakh government officials and employees, expenditure on interest payments and subsidies. A big portion of non-development budget will be eaten up by these three heads.
The budget, India’s Narendra Modi government presented recently announced a package programme to increase investment. But, the next Bangladesh budget will not have any such programmes, sources said.
However, the budget will have some small allocations which are expected to boost the poor people and productive sectors.
A document titled “Budget Thoughts on Children” will also be placed in the parliament.
A finance ministry official said the document will give a detailed description about “which ministry does what” for the children.
The official also said in the next budget necessary allocations will be increased to speed up completion of some big projects taken up by the present government.
Like the current FY, the next budget also projects high revenue earning targets. However, there will remain uncertainty about whether these will be implemented finally.echo "Monir"; /* other country*/
- Proteas defeats the Lankan in 2nd ODI
- IDB expresses concern over changes in Islami Bank
- 20 potential ECS names nominated
- Could not believe that Sunny Leone wanted him in 'Laila Main Laila' Shah Rukh Khan
- India beat England in the 1st T20 match
- Look your best on Valentine's Day
- Priyanka said that India will always be identified
- Global banking rules agreement 'once the dust settles in the United States
- May trumpet as host of the first foreign leader
- Do not interfere in the Bangladesh case, Qadir says foreign
- Turkey's ambassador to Dhaka
- 'Ice Age: New trailer collision: the threat of global asteroids
- Bale hits real winner
- Woman found dead in a city hotel
- Withdrawal of unemployed nurses strike
- Tangail filed on Hindu murder case
- Foreign Minister meets King Abdullah Foundation trip in Saudi Arabia, Prince Turkey
- Hasina praised Bangladesh bowling sensation Mustafizur
- Rains in Sylhet, the heat wave plays extra time in the rest of Bangladesh
- BNP chief Khaleda sees more danger than ever before in Bangladesh
- I do not want it, I want to win: Dunga
- Asks the Bangladesh government to take a strong position against killer:Denmark
- My mom is not here to meet Neetu Kapoor, Katrina Kaif clear
- ICC World T20: England Qualify For Final
- Tonu murder sad every part of the army, says ISPR
- ADB Bangladesh sees FY GDP growing at 6.7% in 2015-16
- Court orders arrest of Khaleda's deadly bus firebombing in Dhaka
- Standard Chartered cards stop working due to a down server
- BNP logo, theme, slogan unveils Council
- Corruption can progress obstruction of a country: President
- The uncertainty of the cloud cleared, Hero 420, released Friday
- To suggest pollution to protect your skin
- Trouble in Parliament to answer questions on the delay Interior Minister
- Hasina urges teachers to promote sports
- 5D can record human history!
- I'm still a child, says Kareena
- Saudi, Russia agreed oil production freeze
- Twenty20 World Cup announced
- The death of former chief Boutros-ghali UN
- Arrest warrant issued against Daily Star editor
- Per capita income of Bangladesh 2014-15, increasing to $ 1.316 in fiscal year
- Khaleda Zia subcommittees for BNP
- BSMMU Abdul Hannan appointed new Register
- Citizens can update fingerprints for the ceremony at the office
- Executes N Korea army chief
- Twenty20 Women World Cup team announced
- Star Journo concern over the threat to the leader, its editor
- US 'Intel warning of the details of the terrorist group in Bangladesh
- To be tried Padma bridge 'conspirators': Prime Minister
- Road crashes: High Court order on all hospital emergency service
- muslin and fund research: analyst
- Chief Justice appeal eats division into three judges
- Keraniganj prime murder suspect killed in shootout school Abdullah: RAB
- Bangladesh lost a High Court for staff accommodation
- ICT sentence Taher, Noni Netrokona death
- Ghazipur knife 2 DB
- French minister at the UN sends carbon pricing
- '' Now it Rabby no bar
- Khulna JCD President Kamran held
- Police want Bank Medical College
- Fakhrul went to Singapore for treatment
- Apple warns iPhone sales to fall
- Kristen Stewart speaks up on gender inequality
- China to increase JVs in Bangladesh
- Konta 33-year British drought to break beats Zhang
- India waives visa fees Bangladesh
- Patient's death: 2 CTG doctors get bail
- Specialised police to combat terrorism: PM
- The school forced students to buy additional books
- Romance to change you as a person does
- AL betrayed the spirit of liberation war: khalida
- 3 JMB suspects held in the capital: police
- CM: Facebook 'decision soon
- Ljajic Napoli Inter operates two Clear
- Adopted the United Nations climate-line store
- World Cup 2015: Dhoni's men will be wary of Bangladesh
- An eve teasing incident scarred my life
- 44 years later widows receive justice: sajib wazed joy
- Employee bonuses decline at Cognizant
- Man allegedly kill wife
- Happy loses Lawyer
- Dr. Yunus...................Three Zero Theory
- Shamsul Hoque Khan School top....... in Dhaka broad
- BNP leader Nasir Uddin Ahmed Pinto dies
- Think different! Try sex in storeroom
- Finance Minister AMA Muhith to place budget for seventh time... Budget
- High Court says : Why not second time in DU
- Refused bail petition of ..... Ruhul Kabir Rizvi
- Kim Kardashian to strip nude again
- Mashrafe-Rubel broke the English lineup
- Jatiya Sangsad begins with .... Budget session
- Mahmudullah hits first WC century for Bangladesh
- BNP faces organisational breakdown
- DU student Suicide in Dhaka
- Satyajit Ray's wife dies............. Bijoya Ray
- Women as Vice Chancellor ........in Oxford University
- Student gets death penalty for ...Murder
- Office hour 9 AM to 3 PM... During Ramadan
- you should definitely do in a lifetime... 10 thngs
- The forgotten memory.......burning