Konta 33-year British drought to break beats Zhang
In the Australian Open tennis tournament in Melbourne ® against Zhang Shuai of China celebrates after winning in the women's singles match as Britain's Johanna Konta (L) embrace.
/* other country*/
In the fourth round came through a three-set draining, the Sydney-born Konta ,, Zhang 6-4, 6-1 Marxism and German seventh seed Angelique Kerber set up a last-four encounter against exports.
Kerber Rod basin area at Konta Victoria Serena won twice in their last match 6-3, 7-5 surprise.
1975 (the last year that has blossomed in the 24-year-old Konta ,, a Slam before and had never been beyond the fourth round, but he (en route heading 1972) equal partner Virginia Wade Brits and Sue Barker and 1977) in Melbourne semi.
The start of the Australian Open, also in 1983 after the US Open since Jo Durie, at any Grand Slam tournament, and a semi-final and became the first British woman to reach.
"He did not make it easy," an ecstatic Konta Zhang said. "I am happy. I was able to fight every point.
"I really enjoyed it. I really enjoyed playing in front of huge crowds.
"I did not put anything on this match, I just came out and that I could have a good level of play, and I wanted to give the best entertainment possible."
Last year was ranked Konta 147 and fell in qualifying for Melbourne Park this time, but he later changed with a new mental attitude crediting, 100 places have been raised.
He surprised eighth seed Venus Williams in the first round, and Zhang more than finesse and power, is allowed to stay on a roll ever since.
His last Grand Slam, which had lost all 14 of the Chinese Star, before this year's competition, second seed Simona halepa death and wounded 15 seed source Madison was responsible for key. But the 27-year-old Konta always been playing catch-up.
A pair of comfortable service for lack of exploitation, shares, twice met each other before, two women, the match got underway.
Konta soon implement the right with a backhand shot to claim a break, Zhang put under investigation.
Zhang said he scrambled around the court looking for a player to go 3-1 in front, a break with winning and critically Curve lob consolidated his lead.
Chinese Star, disappointed with his form and nearly 133 retired last year, ranked as British served to set Konta, to serve until the eighth game did not bother.
Konta has set itself three points, but 3-5 on his first break to stay in contact with Zhang Gifts, sending down a double fault, failed to bury any pressure described the winner as a routine missing.
Sensing a way back, Zhang Konta served to reset and then made a break point as he strongly served with a volleyball. But the British fended it off and end with a big serve on his sixth set point lead.
Konta second set 3-1 before holding serve to race in front, a break to go to Zhang another player latched on an error, then opened with a break.
Zhang, once ranked 30th in the world, saw a spent force and was broken again for the fifth game. Her two match points on serve fended off, but a double-fault Konta is a third chance, and the British made no mistake this time.
- Proteas defeats the Lankan in 2nd ODI
- IDB expresses concern over changes in Islami Bank
- 20 potential ECS names nominated
- Could not believe that Sunny Leone wanted him in 'Laila Main Laila' Shah Rukh Khan
- India beat England in the 1st T20 match
- Look your best on Valentine's Day
- Priyanka said that India will always be identified
- Global banking rules agreement 'once the dust settles in the United States
- May trumpet as host of the first foreign leader
- Do not interfere in the Bangladesh case, Qadir says foreign
- Turkey's ambassador to Dhaka
- 'Ice Age: New trailer collision: the threat of global asteroids
- Bale hits real winner
- Woman found dead in a city hotel
- Withdrawal of unemployed nurses strike
- Tangail filed on Hindu murder case
- Foreign Minister meets King Abdullah Foundation trip in Saudi Arabia, Prince Turkey
- Hasina praised Bangladesh bowling sensation Mustafizur
- Rains in Sylhet, the heat wave plays extra time in the rest of Bangladesh
- BNP chief Khaleda sees more danger than ever before in Bangladesh
- I do not want it, I want to win: Dunga
- Asks the Bangladesh government to take a strong position against killer:Denmark
- My mom is not here to meet Neetu Kapoor, Katrina Kaif clear
- ICC World T20: England Qualify For Final
- Tonu murder sad every part of the army, says ISPR
- ADB Bangladesh sees FY GDP growing at 6.7% in 2015-16
- Court orders arrest of Khaleda's deadly bus firebombing in Dhaka
- Standard Chartered cards stop working due to a down server
- BNP logo, theme, slogan unveils Council
- Corruption can progress obstruction of a country: President
- The uncertainty of the cloud cleared, Hero 420, released Friday
- To suggest pollution to protect your skin
- Trouble in Parliament to answer questions on the delay Interior Minister
- Hasina urges teachers to promote sports
- 5D can record human history!
- I'm still a child, says Kareena
- Saudi, Russia agreed oil production freeze
- Twenty20 World Cup announced
- The death of former chief Boutros-ghali UN
- Arrest warrant issued against Daily Star editor
- Per capita income of Bangladesh 2014-15, increasing to $ 1.316 in fiscal year
- Khaleda Zia subcommittees for BNP
- BSMMU Abdul Hannan appointed new Register
- Citizens can update fingerprints for the ceremony at the office
- Executes N Korea army chief
- Twenty20 Women World Cup team announced
- Star Journo concern over the threat to the leader, its editor
- US 'Intel warning of the details of the terrorist group in Bangladesh
- To be tried Padma bridge 'conspirators': Prime Minister
- Road crashes: High Court order on all hospital emergency service
- muslin and fund research: analyst
- Chief Justice appeal eats division into three judges
- Keraniganj prime murder suspect killed in shootout school Abdullah: RAB
- Bangladesh lost a High Court for staff accommodation
- ICT sentence Taher, Noni Netrokona death
- Ghazipur knife 2 DB
- French minister at the UN sends carbon pricing
- '' Now it Rabby no bar
- Khulna JCD President Kamran held
- Police want Bank Medical College
- Fakhrul went to Singapore for treatment
- Apple warns iPhone sales to fall
- Kristen Stewart speaks up on gender inequality
- China to increase JVs in Bangladesh
- Konta 33-year British drought to break beats Zhang
- India waives visa fees Bangladesh
- Patient's death: 2 CTG doctors get bail
- Specialised police to combat terrorism: PM
- The school forced students to buy additional books
- Romance to change you as a person does
- AL betrayed the spirit of liberation war: khalida
- 3 JMB suspects held in the capital: police
- CM: Facebook 'decision soon
- Ljajic Napoli Inter operates two Clear
- Adopted the United Nations climate-line store
- World Cup 2015: Dhoni's men will be wary of Bangladesh
- An eve teasing incident scarred my life
- 44 years later widows receive justice: sajib wazed joy
- Employee bonuses decline at Cognizant
- Man allegedly kill wife
- Happy loses Lawyer
- Dr. Yunus...................Three Zero Theory
- Shamsul Hoque Khan School top....... in Dhaka broad
- BNP leader Nasir Uddin Ahmed Pinto dies
- Think different! Try sex in storeroom
- Finance Minister AMA Muhith to place budget for seventh time... Budget
- High Court says : Why not second time in DU
- Refused bail petition of ..... Ruhul Kabir Rizvi
- Kim Kardashian to strip nude again
- Mashrafe-Rubel broke the English lineup
- Jatiya Sangsad begins with .... Budget session
- Mahmudullah hits first WC century for Bangladesh
- BNP faces organisational breakdown
- DU student Suicide in Dhaka
- Satyajit Ray's wife dies............. Bijoya Ray
- Women as Vice Chancellor ........in Oxford University
- Student gets death penalty for ...Murder
- Office hour 9 AM to 3 PM... During Ramadan
- you should definitely do in a lifetime... 10 thngs
- The forgotten memory.......burning